Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Great and unsearchable things

It has been so long, so much has happened that I can't even...rather don't even know where to start...so I will start at the present!

I pound out this short piece this morning from another time zone.  I am some 700 miles from home in beautiful downtown Holland, Michigan in a quaint little coffee shop this morning reflecting on God's goodness to me and mine.

I am excited for day two along this journey in which I am officially a student.  I have been studying and diving into the Word for some time now, but back in January, my wife and I officially succumbed to the call God has placed on my heart to seek out ministry possibilities.  

It has been a whirlwind - one amazing blessing after another from a God who has passionately been with me and with us from the very beginning.  He has carried us through the storms and is blessing us beyond anything we could ever ask or imagine.  The blessings and obvious favor he has shown since coming to grips with swinging this door open to really follow him blow me away.

In a classroom for the first time in 20 years yesterday I find myself encountering Christ in incredible ways and today promises to be even more exciting.

Where is he leading, what does all of this mean?  Who knows!?!

God knows - and after all I have been through, particularly in these past six months, where he leads I will follow.

Enough rambling.  This is my thank you note to God for blessing me beyond anything I could ever ask or imagine, for revealing to me great and unsearchable things I do not know and for simply deeming me faithful, calling me to his service.

Today, this amazing June morning in Holland, I am experiencing a full measure of grace and peace!

5 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Chris! How cool to "see" you here! I looked over at my siderail and it said: "Experiencing Grace and Peace, posting 1 hour ago!"

We are thrilled for you guys, and for the ways that God will use you in ministry. God bless you for answering His call!

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Lord, I do ask for Chris that You'll draw Him closely to You during the exciting time of change. I ask that You protect Him from the enemy who would distract Him and distort the new things You bring Him. I pray that You'll give Him the privilege to see the ways You use Him, and not allow Him to miss any blessings along the way.

I ask all for the Father's glory, in the name of Jesus.

Duane Scott said...

Wishing you the best as you discover God in everything. :)

David C Brown said...

Trusting that the experience of the grace and peace continue!

janelle said...

Exciting is right! Grateful to God that he has gotten you and Kathy to this point!